Saturday, February 20

The problem with a blog


"better to keep your mouth shut and appear to be a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

I can win every time on The Price is Right. I can win because when I'm sitting at home playing, it's always my turn, even when my bid wouldn't have won, I get to go on stage with the winner and try again, and again, and again. When it's always your turn, you start thinking you're pretty good when really you may not be good at all. A lot of life is like that to me.

The problem with a blog is that you think you have all these insightful things to say and all your friends and even total strangers are going to read your blog and think "wow, that's cool, I never thought about it that way before" and they will be inspired or motivated to some higher level in their life. Then you start writing and the things you have to say sound really good to you, after all they are your opinions, you'll never find anyone you agree with more. Click "Publish Post".

What's weird is how, even though you are reading them on the same computer screen, at the same corner table, in the same Starbucks, when they're published, your opinions aren't nearly as insightful or clever as you thought they were while they remained unspoken...at least that's how I see it now.

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 17:28

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the posts. We really enjoy reading them, and always find some way that it applies to our current situation.

    Give Cari and the kids our best. Hope to see you all again soon.

    ReplyDelete